Saturday 5 May 2012

DAY ONE - morning

It felt like we never left from our last course with Barb! It was great for me to use an iPad because I have never used one. It makes me want one even more :) We started out using the Pic Collage app on the iPad. It is a fun app that has so many uses in the classroom. We used it to introduce ourselves to the class. We took pictures, found pictues, edited, etc. My students would love to use this app! You can use it for introductions, to tell a story, to enhance activities within your classroom, etc. If you want to know more about this app and see how to use it, here is a link I found on YouTube that gives a good explanation of it.



I also wanted to mention the presentation Barb gave on iPads for the classroom. I never realized how much the costs were for what we have in the classroom to assist struggling learners and the difference in price if we use iPads or iPods. I just had it in my head that iPads are so expensive, but WOW, we spend a lot on a bunch of programs that iPad can do and so much more!! I WANT ONE!! :) Did I mention that? It is very neat to see the "then" and "now" of how iPads and iPods can help!

1 comment: